Welcome to U3A Bay of Islands
Far North, New Zealand
U3A Bay of Islands is a social organisation with a membership of approximately 200 semi-retired and retired people who enjoy learning and sharing cultural experiences.
Group activities take place in members’ homes or alternative appropriate venues. General meetings are opportunities to hear interesting speakers and to meet fellow members. The committee organises regular social events including new members’ meetings, coffee mornings and other ‘one-offs’ such as art and photography exhibitions, and ceilidhs.
For more information about U3A in New Zealand and the wider world visit
- U3A taps into the knowledge, skills and experiences of older people.
- Any member may suggest potential groups and activities.
- Group activities take place in an informal and friendly environment.
- There are no examinations.
- There are no compulsory activities.
Are you now free from full-time employment and have time to follow your own interests? If so, U3A BoI gives you the chance to meet new people in a stimulating environment.
General Meetings are held the third Monday of February, April, June (AGM), August and October.
Non-members and prospective members are welcome to attend at the discretion of the Chair email@example.com